PAIS Lab seminar: Service Oriented Computing: Forthcoming challenges // Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Reisig
HSE building at Kirpichnaya street, 33 - aud. 902
Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Reisig (Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin) presented the talk on subject "Service Oriented Computing: Forthcoming challenges".
A b s t r a c t
Service-oriented Computing has established itself as a core paradigm of modern software architectures. Nevertheless, some obstacles prevent even more widespread use of service oriented architectures (SOAs). To overcome those obstacles, in particular the following questions have to be addressed:
- SOAs are more and more implemented in the cloud. To what extent are the stakeholders affected by this change of technology?
- It turned out useful to conceive not only software components, but also humans and technical systems as service providers and service requesters. How can a unified approach to SOA cope with this?
- Basic notions such as correctness and equivalence are clear cut and undisputed for classical programs. Are there corresponding generally acceptable and manageable such notions for SOAs?
- Quick assignment of needed data, software and hardware to services is inevitable for smoothly running SOAs. How can a small, flexible infrastructure guarantee this kind of elasticity?
Those questions cannot seriously be answered on an intuitive, informal level. It is inevitable to model services in a formal framework, with the decisive properties of the services be represented as properties of their formal models. The above questions are then addressed and faithfully solved in the framework of the formal models. To this end we suggest methods and principles of formally modeling and analyzing SOAs.
A b o u t P r o f. R e i s i g
Professor at Humboldt-Universität, Member of the European Academy of Sciences.
- Student of Computer Science, Karlsruhe and Bonn, Diploma 1974.
- Assistant professor at the University of Bonn (1974-1976) and RWTH Aachen (1976-1983).
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, RWTH Aachen, 1979.
- Visiting professor, University of Hamburg 1983/84.
- Habilitation, University of Bonn, 1987.
- Professor, TU Munich 1988-1993.
- Full Professor, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, 1993 - current
- Member of the European Academy of Sciences
- Beta Chair 2006, Technical University of Eindhoven
- co-editor of the journal "Software and Systems Modeling"
- Member of the Petri Net Conference Steering Committee, since 1982
Выделите её, нажмите Ctrl+Enter и отправьте нам уведомление. Спасибо за участие!